Some folks like to donate supplies directly to the shelter and they are most welcome. There are a couple of ways to do this. Marketplace Foods provides a very convenient donation center where things can be left to be picked up by shelter staff or volunteers. Items can also be taken directly to the shelter.
Some items to consider donating include:
Dog and puppy foods, both dry and canned
Cat and kitten foods, both dry and canned
Collars, leads, harnesses
Rubber gloves, bleach (we use LOTS!)laundry detergent dish soap, paper towels
Aluminum or stainless steel feeding bowls for dogs
Reams of typing/printer paper
Dog treats and toys
Cat treats and toys
Bath towels, blankets
Dog and cat combs and brushes
Any routine cleaning supplies such as window cleaners, bathroom cleaners, liquid hand soaps, cleansers and the like.
Same goes for office supplies such as pens, poster boards, paper, paper clips, rubber bands, markers....all the little things that make an office go.
A donut or two for the hard working staff is nice now and then too!
Northwoods Humane Society is a 501c3 Non Profit Organization established in 1989. NHS is committed to the care of animals in need. As a nonprofit organization, funding is dependent on donations, memberships, monthly pledges, bequests, memorial gifts and fundraising projects.
1. Membership- renew your membership annually via mail or online.
2. Donate online now by clicking the Paypal icon on this page, you don't need a Paypal account, just a credit card.
3. Direct Deposits - if you would like to make a monthly or quarterly donation to NHS, consider a Direct Deposit. You identify the amount, complete the Direct Deposit form and send it to Peoples Bank of Wisconsin, P. O. Box 391, Hayward, WI 54843
4. Remember NHS in your will to insure your commitment continues thru the work of NHS. Work with an Estate Planner to include NHS in a manner that would be advantageous to you and the animals.
5. Memorial Gifts are a way of remembering a pet, friend or family member. All memorial gifts for people and animals are listed in the NHS newsletter. A card is sent to the family notifying them of your gift (not the amount unless requested). The donor will also receive a thank you card; all gifts are tax deductible.
6. "In Honor" or 'Celebration Of" gifts make ideal gifts. A NHS card is sent to the individual(s) being honored and the donor will also receive a thank you card; all gifts are tax deductible.
7. Buy a memorial or in honor of tile to create a lasting sentiment about an animal or animal lover.
$100 for a wall tile
$500 for a kennel sponsorship tile
$10,000 or more for a shelter plaque.
8. Establish a fund or donate directly to an existing fund that embraces a service that you believe in (ex.Spay and Neuter, medical assistance funds, community outreach, helping pets of abused women).
9. No Shopping Holiday Gift Giving- if you want an ideal gift for a pet lover, give a gift in their honor during the holidays and a holiday card sharing your gift will be sent, as well as a card to you; all gifts are tax deductible.
M-Sat 11am - 3pm